Construction Defect Defense
P.K. Schrieffer LLP represents construction professionals including owners, developers, general contractors, architects, engineers, subcontractors, materials suppliers and insurers in claims involving residential and commercial construction defects, including claims of defects in workmanship, design or materials with respect to single buildings, subdivisions, condominiums or apartment complexes.
We have had dealings in the following construction defect areas:
- The Building Envelope: which includes roofing, doors, windows and exterior treatments.
- Water Intrusion: which includes leaking roofs, groundwater issues, seeping foundations and stem walls, defective sealants and doors and windows.
- Grading and Soils: which includes landslides, incorrect compaction, groundwater intrusion, subsidence and building code violations.
- Structural: which includes masonry and concrete foundations, inadequate plans, steel reinforcement, inadequate plans, trusses and load-bearing walls.
- Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing.
- Designer Liability: which includes building code violations, inadequate plans, and faulty engineering, drawings and specifications.
While you may have done your due diligence in ensuring the materials used on your property are up to code, and do routine checks for any structural damage or instability, the materials aren’t all created equal and some may fail early.
While this may not be your fault, you will be the first person to get hit with a lawsuit. Luckily for you, we’ll be able to help prove your case by showing evidence of your continuous work to keep the property in the best working shape as is possible.